Beer Baron 🍺 said:

I'm picturing people people refurbishing and modding these:

Introducing the Pottery Barn Special Edition Travel Trailer - Airstream

Which I'm sure is a thing, and probably a big thing 

NermalSnert (Forum Supporter)
NermalSnert (Forum Supporter) HalfDork
3/31/24 9:16 a.m.

I did one:

I drilled out HUNDREDS of rivets. I riveted HUNDREDS of rivets. If I see another Safari or similar size priced right, I'm jumpin' on it.

Mndsm
Mndsm MegaDork
3/31/24 6:55 p.m.

Today I learned it is entirely possible to buy a complete, functional jaws of life on eBay. It's less than 2k. So far I've only had one person tell me it's a bad idea. 

RonnieFnD
RonnieFnD HalfDork
3/31/24 7:23 p.m.
Mndsm said:

Today I learned it is entirely possible to buy a complete, functional jaws of life on eBay. It's less than 2k. So far I've only had one person tell me it's a bad idea. 

You could save lives.... that's never a bad idea. 

Dusterbd13-michael
Dusterbd13-michael MegaDork
3/31/24 7:27 p.m.
Mndsm said:

There's a lot of fun and profit to be had woth a 2k jaws of life in Florida 

Mndsm
Mndsm MegaDork
3/31/24 7:34 p.m.

In reply to Dusterbd13-michael :

I'm already wondering what kind of liability insurance I need to have to rent the E36 M3 out to tourists. $50 bucks and I let you rip up a junker? If you can rent an actual machine gun or TANK (and these are both activities you can do here) I see no reason I can't hand off a jaws of life. https://www.ebay.com/itm/363994727864?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0&ssspo=BViS8O9LQ-e&sssrc=4429486&ssuid=9fk20o4ftsc&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY

For those curious. 

DarkMonohue
DarkMonohue GRM+ Memberand Dork
3/31/24 9:33 p.m.
Mndsm said:

I'm already wondering what kind of liability insurance I need to have to rent the E36 M3 out to tourists. $50 bucks and I let you rip up a junker?

Minor confession: I can't not read this as "Fifty dollars bucks".

mtn
mtn MegaDork
4/16/24 7:42 p.m.
mtn said:

New Bluey episodes dropped today on Disney+.

Not only was I super excited for them - and throw in a snow day to make it the perfect day for it - 3 of the new episodes brought me to tears. 

Last 2 episodes of the season, possibly series(?), were released. Again, waterworks. 

NickD
NickD MegaDork
4/22/24 6:36 p.m.

I saw someone dub the Tesla Cyber truck as the "IncEl Camino", and, wow, I am using that one

Pete. (l33t FS)
Pete. (l33t FS) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
4/23/24 1:39 p.m.
DarkMonohue said:
Mndsm said:

I'm already wondering what kind of liability insurance I need to have to rent the E36 M3 out to tourists. $50 bucks and I let you rip up a junker?

Minor confession: I can't not read this as "Fifty dollars bucks".

You've heard of cubic dollars?  That's square dollars.

I'm in the panhandle of Florida this week for a training class. I was provided a rental car. My whip: a silver current generation Chevy Mailbu. I feel like I could commit dozens of heinous crimes and slink away undetected. This thing is the most anonymous appliance I have ever driven. It has Florida tags and corporate insurance. It stands out less than background noise. My give a E36 M3 meter doesn't even register it's so low.

It's my 43rd birthday today. Yay? I'm currently 1100 miles from home. I don't really want to do anything since I don't want to deal with traffic or people where I'm at (Ft Walton Beach area).

So I just ordered $60 worth of Thai food and I'm going to sit in my hotel room eating Thai food, drinking multiple mango carts and binge watching Fallout.

DarkMonohue
DarkMonohue GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
5/1/24 5:17 p.m.

In reply to stanger_mussle (Supported by GRM undergarments) :

Well, happy birthday all the same. That doesn't sound like a bad way to spend an evening if you don't want to mess with all the headache of going out. I would probably do the same.

CAinCA
CAinCA GRM+ Memberand Dork
5/1/24 7:10 p.m.
stanger_mussle (Supported by GRM undergarments) said:

It's my 43rd birthday today. Yay? I'm currently 1100 miles from home. I don't really want to do anything since I don't want to deal with traffic or people where I'm at (Ft Walton Beach area).

So I just ordered $60 worth of Thai food and I'm going to sit in my hotel room eating Thai food, drinking multiple mango carts and binge watching Fallout.

Happy Birthday! Honestly, sometimes that's all I'd really like to do for my birthday.

Woody (Forum Supportum)
Woody (Forum Supportum) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
5/3/24 2:49 a.m.
Mndsm said:

Everybody knows this term, but literally nobody who uses those these tools for a living calls them the Jaws of Life. 

Generally speaking, it's referred to as the Hurst Tool, the Holmatro, or even just The Tool. More specifically they are called the Cutter, the Spreader, or the Ram (2, long and short).

Hurst is the original, but the Holmatros are much easier to operate.

Peabody
Peabody MegaDork
5/3/24 8:48 a.m.

In reply to Woody (Forum Supportum) :

Good friend is a fire fighter and tells me that his fabrication, racing experience, and general automotive knowledge gives him a huge leg up on most of his coworkers. After attending a bad crash or car fire, his coworkers will often ask him something like, how did you know that, or how did you know to do what you just did there?

Do you experience the same thing?

Sitting in the Dallas Love airport downloading music from Spotify for offline listening and I came to the realization that it's been entirely too long since I've been to a metal concert.

The last one was when Metallica was on their Death Magnetic tour. I saw them in Lincoln, NE with the ex-SWMBO (shudder, bad times).

Now that I live in BFE New Mexico, I'll have to travel to Albuquerque for any big shows.

I also realized that it's been 15 years since my last tattoo. I'm seriously considering getting the cover of Candlemass's 1986 album Epicus Doomicus Metallicus on my right forearm:

Pete. (l33t FS)
Pete. (l33t FS) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
5/4/24 5:46 p.m.

I just used the ipd website to find the bulb number for my Volvo to buy at Advance.

They didn't have it so I just slammed in an 1156.  Don't tell the Volvo Gods.

Peabody
Peabody MegaDork
5/7/24 9:50 a.m.

It's been five weeks and I'm thinking of going back to work one day a week. 

Mrs. O'lady is driving me crazy. I'm driving her crazy. I miss having two lives, my work and home life. I miss the social aspect and I miss the structure of having to get up at a certain time to be somewhere and actually having a deadline to get things done. 

Mndsm
Mndsm MegaDork
5/7/24 10:13 a.m.

I've been watching a lot of On Patrol: Live.  It's basically the Florida Man show. 

In unrelated news- I really kind of want a Dodge Charger with a push bar. For....reasons. 

Dusterbd13-michael
Dusterbd13-michael MegaDork
5/7/24 12:42 p.m.

I impulse bought a dually. While on the way to the dentist. 

mtn
mtn MegaDork
5/7/24 12:45 p.m.
Peabody said:

Mrs. O'lady is driving me crazy. I'm driving her crazy. I miss having two lives, my work and home life. I miss the social aspect and I miss the structure of having to get up at a certain time to be somewhere and actually having a deadline to get things done. 

Time to drive the Zamboni

chandler
chandler MegaDork
5/7/24 12:47 p.m.
Dusterbd13-michael said:

I impulse bought a dually. While on the way to the dentist. 

1st rate GRM accident.

chandler
chandler MegaDork
5/7/24 12:49 p.m.
stanger_mussle (Supported by GRM undergarments) said:

Sitting in the Dallas Love airport downloading music from Spotify for offline listening and I came to the realization that it's been entirely too long since I've been to a metal concert.

The last one was when Metallica was on their Death Magnetic tour. I saw them in Lincoln, NE with the ex-SWMBO (shudder, bad times).

Now that I live in BFE New Mexico, I'll have to travel to Albuquerque for any big shows.

I also realized that it's been 15 years since my last tattoo. I'm seriously considering getting the cover of Candlemass's 1986 album Epicus Doomicus Metallicus on my right forearm:

Weird but I automatically changed that to EDM in my head and I'm guessing that doesn't fit.

Duke
Duke MegaDork
5/7/24 12:51 p.m.
Peabody said:

Mrs. O'lady is driving me crazy. I'm driving her crazy. I miss having two lives, my work and home life.

When my father retired, my mother said, "Tony, I've packed your lunch every morning for the last 35 years, and I'm not going to stop now.  It will be in the fridge when you want it.  Don't come bugging me at lunch time."

He also pretty much immediately started doing his best to re-create the machine shop he previously had access to.

1 ... 439 440 441 442 443 444

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
lbF0Kva2yVmGk3jXAKxXnxbTB2ZaBJMDjh0abRY381ndJTWDpA5DATvktqyW7Hqf